Project 2018 – Update week #14
As you know we’re running a project to hold $2,500 of cryptocurrencies for an entire year. Welcome to our 14th update! If you are new, check out our first post on the project.
Week 14 Introduction
A suspiciously quiet week this week – we’ve either hit the bottom or all hell is about to break lose! Read our weekly news roundup for more details!
None of our cryptocurrencies are currently ahead in profit since we started.
Week 14 Data
Project 2018 - week 14
|Cryptocurrency||Apr 2nd Value||Apr 9th Value||Gain / Loss %|
Week 14 Charting
Click the images to view in detail.
Week 14 Summary
In total, our portfolio decreased from $873 to $866 – which was a tiny $9 (-0.80%) decrease.
If we had invested $2,500 in just Bitcoin it would be now worth: $1,251
Best performer: Lisk (LSK) +$4.37 (+11.24%)
Worst performer: Stellar (XLM) -$7.88 (-14.37%)
Coin Profile – FunFair (FUN)
Why we picked it? Well, FunFair aims to provide blockchain solutions for gaming. An excerpt from their website states ‘FunFair provides blockchain-powered solutions with the potential to profoundly change the online gaming industry for both the operator and player. Using the latest Ethereum technology, we deliver low cost, high quality, transparent casino experiences that are provably fair.‘
Online gambling is a massive market and the technology that FunFair is hoping to provide for operators could set some gambling sites miles ahead of others. FunFair aims to provide the technical infrastructure behind the scenes for casino sites through six primary features:
- Turnkey solution: Create your casino in seconds and start accepting players and processing payments immediately.
- Secure: Our serverless decentralised platform is protected from hacking and player or operator interference.
- Fair: Our software uses the blockchain and smart contracts to offer unrivalled transparency.
- Fast: Enjoy gaming on demand with no delays thanks to revolutionary Fate Channels technology.
- Efficient: Our games require 10% of the network processing costs of other blockchain casinos.
- Token Powered: FUN token enables seamless payments and rewards for all platform participants.
They offer a demo showcase of their technology on their site, which you can see at https://showcase.funfair.io/. We think once gaming sites start adopting their technology their token price is likely to increase significantly in value.
Don’t forget you can catch up with all of our posts in this series by bookmarking: https://coinguide.tv/project2018